With 70+ years of combined engineering experience, our consultants are experts in their fields, proficient in all major commercial design and analysis software and have worked in all phases of optical engineering. Our engineering services include:
- Optical design of imaging and non-imaging systems
- End-to-end optomechanical modeling and simulation
- Stray light analysis
- Scatter theory and modeling
- Debugging of optomechanical hardware
- Contamination control
- Thermal self-emission analysis
- Beam propagation
- Tolerancing, testing and prototype development
- Component specification, drawings and vendor interfacing
- Algorithm and custom software development
The following are some representative systems that Photon Engineering has developed as a consulting firm:
|Observatory spectrometer||Solar concentrator||VIS and IR beam shaping optics|
|IR re-imaging optics||Zoom projector lens||Aspheric IR null lens|
|Telescope relay optics||Observatory baffle design||Particle detector optics|
|Excimer beam homogenizer||TIR illumination lens||LCD projector reflector|
|Phase-shifting interferometer||VIS and IR laser welding optics||All reflective seeker|
|Head mounted display||Earth resource satellites/sensors||Assembly line barcode illuminator|
|Star tracker baffle||Human tissue scanner||Fluorescence detection systems|
|LSST stray light analysis||Ocular Hartmann-Shack system||Injection molded PC camera lens|
|Telecentric laser welding lens||Plastic camera phone lens||Laser line generator|
|Interocular lens||LED based displays||LED illuminator for light pen|
|Head mounted surgical illuminator||Lightpipes for displays/buttons||TMT stray light analysis|
Our engineers believe in using the appropriate tool for the job and have access to the following software packages:
The expertise of Photon Engineering is available under two flexible contract options:
Time and Material Contract
- The statement of work (SOW) is developed either by the client alone or in conjunction with Photon Engineering. These SOWs can be very specific or can be generalized if the customer wishes to explore a project idea.
- Client (usually) establishes a not-to-exceed (NTE) budget.
- Photon Engineering consultants work on the contract at an hourly rate and report progress as requested by client.
- Tasks get defined/directed in “real time”.
- Client controls work product and costs.
- Contract is finished at client’s discretion.
Firm, Fixed Price Contract
- The statement of work (SOW) is developed either by the client alone or in conjunction with Photon Engineering. The SOW and schedule must be very specific.
- Photon Engineering submits a firm, fixed price proposal compliant with the SOW and schedule.
- Photon Engineering consultants work on the contract and report progress per the SOW.
- Work product is delivered to client on time and on budget.
Terms and Conditions
- Upfront percentage payment for new customers
- Invoice sent on project completion or as specified by contract terms
- Net 30 day terms